Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fear of the broken

Ever since our downstairs toilet flooded, Abrea has not wanted to use that bathroom.  Last Friday the sink broke in one of the bathrooms at the coffee shop.  Abrea has not wanted to use that bathroom since.  I've tried to convince her they are both okay, but she is afraid.  Maybe she is scared that something bad will happen while she is in them.  I'm not really sure why, but she is afraid of the broken.  My natural instincts say get over it.
Do I get over it?  How often do I fear the broken?  The broken situation?  The broken person?  Do I avoid the broken because I'm scared?  Scared that I will become broken?  Scared that it will break more if I'm there?  
I don't want my child to live in fear, but am I setting the right example?

No comments:

Post a Comment